Last night we celebrated Stephanie’s 26th birthday at Jive and Wail, a St. Louis dueling piano bar. This was the first time that we’ve been there and it was such a blast. We’ve been to previous piano bars (Pat O’Briens, Howl at the Moon Saloon, and Big Bang) so we knew what to expect – a whole bunch of fun!
I guess we’re not the only ones who are fans of dueling piano bars because you need to reserve tables up to two months in advance or you’re SOL. Luckily, Doug had us come up early to stalk some tables and it worked! There were quite a few parties that night and if you paid enough money, you can get that special person up on stage to be serenaded. Doug, being a romantic, requested this special song for his lady (NSFW):
Aww, isn’t that sweet? Highlights of the evening included:
- The Devil Went Down to Georgia complete fire-twirling bartenders.
- The lesbian football team with soft-core porn action at the table next to us.
- Watching some random guy get bounced by two VERY masculine bouncers.
- A medley of rap songs done in piano bar style.
- The obligatory songs: Margaritaville, Friends in Low Places, Sweet Caroline, Piano Man, Tiny Dancer.
- Stephanie leaving her own party early.
- 6 people in Mr. Squeakers traveling back to West County.
So, Stephanie, Happy Birthday!
For the rest of the pics, click here. (Um, yeah, we didn’t get many pictures of the birthday girl, most of these pictures were taken after she had retired for the night.)